What is Computer Science?
There are many definitions:
- Computer Science is the study of the principles and use of computers.
- Computer Science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale.
- Computer science is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. It is the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures (or algorithms) that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information. – Wikipedia
Computer Science also covers many areas, including:
- Algorithms and data structures
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer architecture and engineering
- Computer performance analysis
- Computer graphics and visualization
- Computer security and cryptography
- Computational science
- Computer networks
- Concurrent, parallel and distributed systems
- Formal methods
- Information and coding theory
- Programming language theory
- Software engineering
- Theory of computation
We think it’s just the big, wonderful world of computers and what they can do!
So here at Computer Science Star, we aim to bring you news, tips, and stories of interest about what is going on in the ever-changing world of Computer Science.
Hope you find something of interest. Enjoy your stay!